Oh, how I’ve missed the WordPress community! Over the last few months, I have explored various social media and blogging platforms. In that time I gained many followers on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, a few on Blogspot and others, but I have not had the pleasure of experiencing a real sense of community since I stopped my WordPress posts. So here I am! Back and ready to post photos and experiences. I hope to see many of the same WordPress friends and keep meeting more. Gotta go for now, but expect to hear from me tomorrow.
So glad to be back 🙂
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on May 14, 2013
This wonderful post includes a few of my photos and paintings. Check it out!
Deborah J. Brasket, Writer
Out of the dark blue sea rose a lush-green mountain ribboned with cascading waterfalls.This was what we saw after 29 days at sea, our first tropical landfall on our round-the-world journey–the Marquesas Islands
Walking through the village on Nuka Hiva down narrow, winding roads, past pastel-colored houses surrounded by gardens overflowing with flowers and dense tropical foliage, melting in the heat and humidity and the perfumed air . . . . . I felt physically and mentally assaulted, overcome by the intensity of the colors and the abundance of the beauty that surrounded me.
Perhaps it was because we’d been so long at sea, or because this was our first glimpse of a tropical paradise. Or perhaps it was for me as it has been for so many artists and travelers coming to the South Pacific for the first time.
Colors exploding all around me, shattering the senses—sight, smell, and sound…
View original post 613 more words
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on August 22, 2012
I’m lucky enough to have been nominated for the Readership appreciation Award by not one but two people.
First, the amazing Linda from A Nature Mom passed it on to me and them the very talented Carol from Painted By The Sun.
Carol and Linda, a BIG thank you to you both! I love both your blogs 🙂
The six blogs I want to pass this award on to are:
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on June 13, 2012
In case you’re wondering if you accidentally stumbled across the wrong blog, you didn’t… Just felt like a little change was in order. I hope you all like it 🙂
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on June 7, 2012
I’m very honoured to receive the Sunshine Award!
Thank you, to the lovely Kimberly Konkol of the wonderful blog,Ever Lasting Love Of Flowers, for passing this award to me.
Rules for the Sunshine Award:
1. Link the award to the person who gave it to you.
2. Answer the questions that come with it.
3. Pass it along to 10 people and let them know they have received it.
10 Awesome Blogs I Pass The Sunshine Award To:
To Answer 10 Questions About Me:
1. Favourite Colour
– My favourite colour is green.
2. Favourite Animial
– My favourite animals would have to be cats (I love my cat’s ability to be independent and lovable at the same time).
3. Favourite Number
– My favourite number is 21.
4. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink
– My favourite non-alcoholic drink is a toss-up between green tea and chai tea lattes.
5. Facebook or Twitter
– I enjoy both Facebook and Twitter but I prefer Facebook for personal and Twitter for professional.
6. My Passion
– My passions are painting and photography.
7. Giving or Receiving
– Can’t deny that I love receiving presents but few things beat the feeling of knowing you got just the perfect gift for someone you love.
8. Favourite Pattern
– I like stripes.
9. Favourite Day of the Week
– My favourite day of the week is Saturday.
10. Favourite Flower
– My favourite flowers are wild roses.
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on June 4, 2012
To continue with the flower gardens at Bear Creek Park, here are some neighbours to the ‘Budding Poppies‘ of yesterday’s post. Love them both!
To The Sky
Purchase canvas and framed prints at Eva-Kondzialkiewicz.ArtistWebsites.com
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on June 1, 2012
My beautiful family and I went for a quick outing at a local park last weekend. Bear Creek Park has a lot to offer in terms of seasonal gardens. I’ve never actually seen poppies budding before and I thought these were exceptionally beautiful.
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on May 31, 2012
I have been nominated for The One Lovely Blog Award!
I was nominated by the awesome Shirsha Ganguly from the blog 1 (Leap) Year. 366 Photos. Check her out!
The One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1. Mention who gave it to you with a link back to their blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Give this award to fifteen other bloggers. Let them know they’ve won.
4. Post the award on your blog.
7 Things About Me:
- I love bright colour.
- I love sushi.
- I love vegetarian food but I’m not a vegetarian.
- I still love grunge music.
- I want purple hair but it will never turn out because I’m afraid to bleach it.
- I’m not a morning person.
- I drew my first portrait at 12 and painted my first lanscape at 13.
15 Blogs I Nominated:
Posted by EK Arts - Photography & Painting on May 30, 2012